"They’re too close to be "just friends"!"
"Look! They care for each other! They must be in love!”
"They talk to each other a lot! Its so cannon that they’re gay for each other!"
STOP DEVALUING FRIENDSHIPS!
ROMANCE/SEX IS NOT SUPERIOR TO FRIENDSHIP!
PEOPLE CAN LOVE AND CARE FOR EACH OTHER WITHOUT BEING ROMANTICALLY/SEXUALLY INVOLVED!
PLATONIC RELATIONSHIPS ARE NOT INFERIOR TO ROMANTIC/SEXUAL ONES!
"It always struck me in years after how bizarre it was, how two people could look at one another with such tenderness and complete love, and how quickly that could dissolve into nothing but bitterness."
Hannah Harrington, Saving June (via larmoyante)
- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $400,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson
I don’t really have a lot of experience with things working out in relationships. In all honesty i’ve never been in a functional and real relationship, but I do know something about love. I know that if you really care about someone you don’t back down when things get a little more difficult, that’s being a coward. I know that if you want things to last, you have to be there everyday through the good and the bad.